TMC’s 3 Day HIT Workout:
Day 1:(1-3 Days recovery between training sessions-depends on your individual rate of recovery)
- Nautilus Chest Press warm up and then 1 Set (4′ Eccentrics)till Failure and then 3 Negative 10 Sec Holds(You must learn to maximally contract chest fibers as you finish the concentric portion of the movement-Once you can fully “fire” or enervate your deep wall chest muscles, your chest musculature will CHANGE-Male or Female)
- Nautilus Chest Fly Machine-No Warmup 1 Set 1 Full Rep and Quarter Rep to failure
- Hammer Incline or Decline Press with 10′ Concentric and 10′ Eccentric (only perform the 10 Concentric and Eccentric on every 4th chest workout)
- Cable Pushdown-1 Warmup Set + 1 Set + Quarter Rep til Failure
- Rope Cable Extension-1 Warmup Set +1 Set til failure with last 2 reps full contraction at lock out
- Dip Machine or Weighted Dips-1 Warmup Set + 1 Set til Failure with 3 10 Negative 10 Second Holds
- Nautilus Crunch Machine 1 Warmup Set + 1 Set and Quarter Rep till Failure, then 5 second rest and continue with normal reps until failure again
- Hanging Leg Knee Ups to failure (20 reps or higher in very slow and controlled cadence keeping hips and psoas neutral)
Day 3:(1-3 Days recovery between training sessions)
- Bent Over Barbell Rows or Hammer Rows or Deadlifts 1 set of 6-12 reps to failure plus static hold to failure on the last rep.
- Nautilus Pullover Machine or Dumbbell Pullover on decline bench- 1 set of 6-12 to positive failure followed by a 1 set of Reverse Grip Pulldowns at 6-8 reps to failure (important here is to do them in superset fashion with less then 5-8 second rest if possible!)
- Negative Chin Ups-1 Set til Positive Failure utilizing body weight and then 2-4 Negative 10 Second Hold Chins(videotape will prove how amazing this exercise is for your entire upper back and core-This is amazingly hard but productive)
- Lower Back Hyper Extensions or Low Back Machine- 1 set of 8-15 reps to positive failure-utilizing resistance of up to a 25 pound plate behind the head (this exercise is a little too delicate in order to perform negatives or static failure due to potential lower back injury risk.)
- Straight Bar Curls -6-10 reps to positive failure plus negatives (2-3-not every training session)
- Hammer Machine Curls 6-12 reps to positive failure plus static failure.
- Reverse Grip DB Curls to failure (two arms at a time) If you’re not getting stronger each workout, drop it. You might already over train your arms because they are used on all exercises. Over training with regards to biceps is very common.
Day 5(1-3 Days rest between Training sessions
- Side Lateral Machine or Dumbbell Laterals seated (Markus prefers machine) – 1 set to failure, 6-12 reps..make sure to hold the static at 2 seconds each and lower slow of course – reach positive and static failure then ..
- Superset with Shoulder press machine…6-8 reps to positive failure plus a slow 10 second negative!
- Rear Lateral Raise Machine or Dumbbell Rear Laterals….8-12 reps to positive and static failure
Quads and Hamstrings
- Bodymaster Squat Machine
- Leg Curl Machine Seated 8-12 reps to failure with static failure. (60 Second Static Holds on Leg Curls are “Interesting”)
- Quad Extension Machine 8-12 reps to failure with last rep static for 20 seconds or more(try to superset both of these exercises if at all possible)
- Seated Calf Raise Machine 8-15 reps to failure and static failure plus some partial reps till your calfs basically fall off…lol…supersetted with…
- Standing Calf Raise Machine 12-20 reps to failure..also add static failure set to the end.