TMC back with the 2nd leg of our 2 Day HIT Customized Split Workout.
Before, a couple of words about Chi-Town!
I have to give it up to my Chicago peeps. It takes incredible motivation to train hard in sub zero temperature weather. Especially when the wind is gusting 55mph and freezing your bones to the core.
The urge your body feels to eat when it’s so cold is INCREDIBLE. Peeps definitely get their grub on when it’s this cold. Dieting in Chicago during the winter would be-A BIG HELL NO!
For the folks who do stay well conditioned in Chi-town in Winter, a TMC tip of the cap. (And there are quite a few based on observing the physiques at X-Sports Fitness in Downer’s Grove Chicago).
It’s been a long week of training. I wanted to fire this off before the weekend started, so anybody who has started using it can structure their training based on the full schedule.
<NOTE>You will find this workout in it’s entirety in the “Current Workout” Section toward the top of the masthead by Sunday night. Expect videos to follow shortly before the end of December>
Day 5-Chest- Triceps-Quadriceps/Hamstrings and Abs
- Cable Cross Over super-setted with Incline Chest Press-1-2 warm up sets and 1 all out til positive failure set resting only as long as it takes you to move from Cable movement to Incline Chest Movement(preferably you’ll be close to an Incline Chest Machine-if not consider having DB’s and an incline Bench right next to the cable machine
- Barbell lying French Press-Arms extended-1 warm up set and then one all out set shooting for 10-15 reps. Controlled cadence and locking the hell out of the long head of your triceps each rep
- Weighted Parallel Bar Dips-do a few bodyweight dips as a warmup so you fully stretch before adding weight. One controlled set shooting for 8-10 reps(the weight should be heavy enough to make you fail around this point)Continue with a 10 second rest pause and then lower yourself as slowly as possible and back up and repeat until you collapse in a heap
- Leg Extensions super-setted with Seated/Lying Hamstring curls 1 warm up set for both and then 60 second static hold for Extensions at 75% of Max-reduce weight by 15% and rep until failure. Rest only long enough to move to Hamstring Machine and then employ 60 second static hold for Hamstrings at 65% of max-reduce weight by 15% and rep til failure. (THIS IS EXCRUCIATING BUT NOTHING IS MORE PRODUCTIVE to create harder/denser legs)
- Nautilus Ab Curl Machine-1 or 2 warmup sets and then one Heavy set at 80% of max, 10 second rest pause, rep til momentary failure, 15 second rest pause and rep til total failure. As we’ve stated before, if you want noticeably defined/etched or thick abdominal ridges, you must train your abs with steadily increasing poundages. Nothing beats this machine for ab transformations.
Day 6-Back-Delts-Biceps-Low Back
- Barbell Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows or Dead Lifts (some people because of permanent lower back injuries such as disc problems or pinched nerves can’t perform Dead Lifts)2 warm up sets increasing weight to prepare for one set til total failure with a 10-15 second static hold on the final rep. The key to making this set productive is a slow controlled cadence avoiding momentum and poor technique(jerking-spasming etc
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldown-We like the Hammer Lat Pulldown Machine but any machine allowing for a wide grip to isolate will work. One set shooting for 12-15 reps followed by one 10 second rest pause and then repping til your lats fail or catch on fire. (whichever comes first)
- Shrug Machine-couple of warm ups and then one all out set with 75-80% of max til total failure. (You will be spent by now already. If you’re strong with good trap development/thickness already, you can skip this movement)
- Dumbbell Delt Press with Pause & Contract at apex of Concentric-1 warm up set followed by one total failure set shooting for 10 reps. 10 second rest pause and as many reps as you can muster squeezing the delt heads as hard as possible at the peak of each rep.
- Nautilus One Arm Curl Machine- 1 warm up set and then 1 set to complete failure making sure to maximally contract each bicep at the apex of the concentric-try to feel the blood rushing to and through your biceps upon contraction. This is a real arm scorcher if done correctly. Nautilus is the best but any machine allowing for one arm isolation will work.
- Hyperextensions Holding a DB/Plate behind your head-1 Bodyweight warm up set and then one set to failure holding a 10-25 plate behind your neck(depending on your strength/training level)
That’s it. 4 sessions every 8 days.
We guarantee you won’t be training more than 2.5 hours total in a full week! And if you learn to train in proper HIT Fashion, the changes your body will see in short order will no doubt astonish you.
As you can tell, we added some photos from the last couple of weeks before our show “hidden in the vault” to spice up the content. ;)
Back to Vegas Friday night to spend time with the “women of my dreams”~ Anhski-Alex and Gabi-Gabs!
Happy Friday to all of you! Enjoy your weekends!